Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rainhat, rubberboots, and some sunscreen

The weather here has been so strange. One day it is almost 20 degrees and the VERY next I am having to wear a coat again. So weird. I am glad that I am going to work today as it is the latter out there again today.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a bit out of shape. Soft. Weak. Undeveloped. I worked in the garden, turning over the plot to get ready for planting, and my arms are a bit sore now. I thought my arms always got a good workout, with picking up kids, packing in groceries, and packing around a tray full of yummy drinks at Moxies. Alas, I was mistaken. They are a bit on the tender side today. Kind of feels good, and then I try to pick up my 20 pound little girl and they remind me that I dug dirt for two hours. How ironic is that.

Not a lot else to report, Quinn says "OH MY" and "WHO ME" now - both are very cute. We honestly believe that she has some kick-back Italian gene in her - she cannot talk without using her hands and is full of expression when she tells you a story. Hayley is really rollerblading, mastering the skill faster than I can watch her. She is really fast too. Thank goodness for helmets and knee pads. Off to work soon, so hope that everyone has a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today was sunny, raining, windy, misty, sun again, now it's windy and cloudy...yeah, it's WACKO! Glad to hear you got out in your plot! Congrats to Quinn on her new words!