Monday, April 03, 2006

OK maybe a SMALL walk...

Yesterday I managed to get off work early, the sun was shining and I was itching to enjoy it. So Roger, Quinn and I decided to go for a walk (Hay was at her dad's). Buckled Quinn in the jogger, and out we set - down the Gorge to see where life would take us. The view is so beautiful, the rowers were out practicing, so kyaks were cutting through the water silently, birds were out singing and all the flowers were poking their heads out of the spring soil. Magnificent. Guess where our walk took us????? Right to a mall - full of kids in their jammy pants, moms and dad's in Zellers (oh, maybe that was us), and seniors cruising the sale racks in London Drugs. We felt right at home - strange as that is. Then we went to the grocery store and got some yummy steaks for the bbq, and then walked home. We left at 3:30 and got home at 6:30!!!! My feet were a BIT tired - but nothing that a glass of wine didn't numb. The sad thing is that I was thinking that not so long ago I used to run 10K on a regular basis, in under an hour, with energy left to burn. Now by the time I am finished running all over the city with the kids, packing them in and out of the van, making dinner, bathing, yada yada yada I barely have time to dust off my running shoes and do anything for me. I am so glad that my kids and Roger love me just the way that I am - soft.

2 comments:

Anna K said...

Soft is good, enormously obese is not. and you are not. I'll run if you run. my excuse is that my MP3 player isn't programmed yet and I can't run without it. whatta ya say, shall we run?

Anonymous said...

Your description of the gorge reminds me that I must go walking along there more often. Let's meet there one of these days!!