Sunday, April 09, 2006

Well what will it be???

May or may not have mentioned it, but all winter Hayley has been in skating with the Victoria Skating Club. She was enrolled in Canskate, which is a fun, entry level to figure skating, with 6 levels to pass and then you are in the Junior program. She began in level 2, as her skill level was enough to not "fall down, crawl to the glass, stand up, fall down, and then begin the process all over again". When the program ended she was in level 4. We had the opportunity to put her in the Spring Skate program, twice a week for the month of April and so we did. This is one thing that I did solely for the benefit of Hayley, as the entire winter I have sat in the bleachers of the Save On Foods Memorial Arena with a scrapbook magazine without even as much as a HELLO from all the other mom's (aka "I am too good to talk to a mom that's kid wears garage sale skates......bitches).

The point of all my rambling is that I received a phone call the other night to make sure that we were going to the Awards Banquet. We were not. The last way that I want to spend my night is surrounded with a bunch of snotty, spoiled skaters (maybe that is just the moms.....the skaters ACTUALLY say hello to me). Well, guess who is receiving an award that night!!!!????? My BIG girl! They will not tell me what award, but let's be honest, I would be over the moon if it was "The girl that consecutively wears pink" award!!!! I honestly think that I will cry, but in a tasteful way so that I in no way embarrass Hayley when she is up on STAGE accepting her award. Just know that you will all have to suffer through the photos to see come Wednesday on the ol' blog.

Things to be thankful for: more importantly than the award, Hayley had fun skating. Quinn is really getting the hang of the walking thing - trying it every chance that she can get. I am going to be an auntie in November - my little sis is going to have a baby. So happy I think I will burst. Either that or I ate something weird. Until next time......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooooooo exciting! Both of your news's!!!!! Can't wait 'til Wednesday to see and hear all about the award! Congrats to your sis and you being an Auntie!

Melanie said...

Ditto on what Jen said! How exciting!!!

WTG Hayley and Quinn!! Congratz Michelle!!

Anna K said...

WOOOOOW! Don't know why I am so surprised about Steph's news but I am. Maybe cause now I feel so old (as if I didn't already). Wasn't it just yesterday that I was changing her diaper ?
Tell her a big congrats from me.
Also tell Hayley congrats from us.