Friday, April 06, 2007

My Lacrosse star!

Here she is! All decked out in her gear, and out in the LAX box, practicing her new endeavor.
Playing scrum with the boys.
Just a mug shot of my big girl!


Well, Hayley decided to "think outside the box" and try a sport that she has watched for many a year, but never played. She is going to try her skill at Lacrosse this spring. So far, she loves the IDEA of playing, but is less than enthused to actually go out there and do it. I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to learn the skills (practice is boring according to HP) before you can play the game. I was struggling as a mom on how to remain positive when she was coming in the van telling me how much that she hated it, or when she cried while practice was actually happening. So we went out and picked out a new stick, she was able to design it herself, she picked the color of the shaft, and of the ties and the colored tape. Let me tell you, that was the best $50 I spent. She LOVES this stick (although was purchased after these photos were taken, so you cannot enlarge and see for yourself). The next practice that she had, she was out there struttin' her stuff with the custom stick and loving it. According to HP, she can catch better and run faster with the new stick.

Who knew allowing her some say and involvement with her would accomplish so much? I am stunned at the change in her! Secretly I am excited to see her play her first game too - as a spectator, practices ARE boring.......

5 comments:

LKW said...

Go HP go! That's awesome that she's trying something new. Hope she keeps the enthusiasm all season long.

Lynn Barry said...

Could your kids get any cuter? What a wonderful mom you are to be so supportive. They are lucky to be yours. HUGS

Anna K said...

I loved lacrosse in HS, probably because I had a weapon to defend myself with against all those big dudes in my co-ed gym class.
Yah Hay! You go get'em girl

Anonymous said...

Lacrosse! Sweet! That's awesome HP! The uniform looks great on you. You look like a natural out there.

Melanie said...

Aww, Jeff would be soo proud!
Go HP! You do look like a natural!! I can't wait to see a close up of this cool stick!!