Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Most definetely the busiest weekend I have had!

FRIDAY
-Mom and sister arrived on Friday morning. Hugs and cuddles a plenty as this was the first time that I met my new niece, Cadance, and fell immediately head over heals in love with her. She is JUST perfect, and my sister is the BEST mom.
-chat and catch up
-eat dinner
-find out where everyone will sleep
-cannot wait until Saturday!

SATURDAY
-Loaded 1/2 ton of pea gravel in my mom's truck on Saturday morning for my Asian garden
-Unloaded above mentioned pea gravel with Roger
-Roger took bus to town to meet his two aunties who were also here from Quebec to see Gilles
-went to the nursery and got plants and pots for garden, while mom and sister were walking in the sunshine with all the girls (probably taking a ton of photos)
-unloaded truck with plants
-took Steph to the consignment store
-went to work for 8 hours at Moxies, while "Charlotte's Web" was viewed and popcorn was eaten

SUNDAY:
-kidnapped mom and went to Mattick's farm
-marked out other side of front yard with landscape ties
-shoveled free top soil into truck with Roger
-unloaded above mentioned soil onto front yard
-showered
-had a glass of wine
-drove to Sooke for a family dinner with all the French aunties, Gilles, Chantal, mom and sis, all of us, and cousins
-drove home from Sooke

MONDAY:
-daycare kiddies arrived at 8am
-a pot of coffee and a loaf of bread later, we have all eaten
-daycare kiddies continue to arrive ALL morning (eek, what was I thinking...)
-mom and Steph go to scrapbook store
-I go to elementary school, preschool and the grocery store
-feed everyone (daycare wise) lunch and lay most down for naps
-Roger comes home at 2pm
-I leave at 2:05pm to go and load the truck with pea gravel for other side
-unload the crap once again
-daycare kids running amok outside and get picked up one by one
-have a glass of wine
-and another
-and maybe just one more
-bath all kids, all the while taking mass photos
-have one last night with mom and Steph and Cadance

TUESDAY:
-daycare kids arrive at 8am
-sister sleeping in living room, wakes up on her own at 7:30 so she can have a cup of coffee with me before the kids all wake up and arrive
-keep HP home from school so that she can have one last visit and cuddle with her nana
-entice Quinners to do the same
-help load truck for mom and sis' trip to ferries
-all the while stifling a tear
-all wave bye-bye, knowing in my heart that I want ONE MORE DAY WITH MY MOM
-know that things are left unsaid
-drive to preschool
-drive to elementary school
-do about 5 loads of laundry and stifle a tear
-feel as though the house is TOO quiet, even though there are still 3 daycare kiddies here
-think that I am fine, then TH (daycare boy), says, 'I miss nana darling"
-cry
-busy myself all day by transplanting plants into pots that I bought on Saturday
-cook dinner
-drive to Lacrosse
-upload 350 photos
-blog

Photos to come. I am off to bed, to take off my superwoman cape and have a chamomile tea and a cry. I miss my mom.

5 comments:

LKW said...

That's the worst thing about sister/niece/nana visits...they end. Toddler ususally waits until their vehicle has turned the corner on our road before she starts in with 'I want my nana!'
Thank goodness for cheap long distance phone plans.

Anna K said...

Glad you had an awesome visit. Can't wait to see photos of the finished garden.
Would it help if I went and had tea with your momma in your place?

Anonymous said...

Wow that WAS busy! I'm with the Queen...can't wait to see the photos of the garden.

Glad you got to see your little niece, sis and mommy. You will see them again...look forward to that. (((HUGS)))

Lynn Barry said...

Ahhhh what a busy good busy time you've had...I am so happy for you. I know it sucks when it is over...but next time is around the corner, right...always something to look forward to. HUGS and LOVE

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. :)
Ugh.. I wish I could start my garden. We still have a foot of snow at my house. grrr..

Let's see some pics!! :)

PS - how did you manage to stay awake long enough to type that post out.. sheesh what a tiring few days you've had!! Busy busy!