Friday, February 09, 2007

WTF????

I just about fell out of the van today.

For two reasons : one being that my cell phone rang. I got the damn thing and usually forget to bring it with me, forget to turn it on, or pack it around for two weeks and never hear it ring. Two being that my oral surgery is booked already.

Yep, the speedy efficiency of the medical system amazed me. I think that I had the same look on my face as the Queen did when the courier told her "over night delivery" - and it happened. Remember what happened to the Queen? She ate her smirk. That is what I had for breakfast. My smirk. Tasted good too.

So, the verdict is this - March 2nd, 2007 I will have the dreaded surgery, and come out with a shiny new smile. I am still in shock that it is happening this quick, but I am thankful too. The only glitch is that it is happening so fast that I needed to give my denturist enough time. Thank god he is a professional, and can have it all done from molds to new chompers in two weeks time. Yahoo.

Apples, corn on the cob, steak, humous and chips, yummy BLT sandwiches, crunchy celery, and all those things that I cannot eat now, Momma's comin' to get you soon!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god he is a professional and not somebody from the street, as most professionals take 2 weeks and a street person may take a few weeks to find some in the dumpster. You are very lucky indeed.

Lynn Barry said...

YEAH! I am glad the date is set so you can get this over with and get on with your much improved quality of life. YAHOOEY! HUGS

Anna K said...

that is so awesome! I really hope it isn't too painful for you. Ask for the good drugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't fall out of the van! You will be in surgery the day after I turn 33. Glad the date is set, so I can bring you crunchy things!

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

The anonymous comment is hilarious. I really don't want teeth found in the dumpster!

LKW said...

Wow, that was quick! Less time to think/worry about it too. Good luck.

Melanie said...

Awesome! This is terrific news Michelle! I wish I could celebrate with you afterwards. I'd bring you a big steak and a BLT sandwich, and whatever else you wanted ;)

3 more weeks!!? That'll fly by!