Sunday, February 04, 2007

My weekend recap

Quinn reading her two favorite books, "Snuggle Puppy" and "Hippos Go Berserk". Both by an incredible author, Sandra Boynton. Amazing.

Hayley comes in the room and asks me why I am reading in the dark to Quinn. She laughed when I told her that I did not need the light, nor even the book for that matter, as I knew all the words, when to turn the pages, and everything. Can you tell we read a lot together?

Looking at "Snuggle Puppy". For those of you that are not familiar with the book, a mommy dog sings to her puppy - and it goes like this "I love what you are, I love what you do, fuzzy little snuggle puppy, I love you". Quinn will say it to me now. Melts my heart.
My big girl. Funny how this one is in front of the bookshelf! Look how grown up she looks. My oh my, she will be 7 soon. How can she be almost 7 and I feel as though I am still in high school? If grade school maths still holds true, that also means that I have aged by 7 years since she was born. EEK. Getting old girls........

My first weekend away from Moxies went well. A typical weekend though, as Roger and I have a conversation that goes something like this....

Roger "how did you like your weekend of no work?"

Me "hmm, I don't feel any more rested after not serving for 16 hours..."

Roger looks puzzled and cannot figure me out about now...

"well, let's see, I did 6 loads of laundry, grocery shopped, had skating lessons for Hayley, had to drive to an appointment, Quinn was running a fever, went to family swim on Sunday, made meals both days, picked up after everyone, and still managed to find time to read a bit of "The Good Earth".

HE STILL THINKS I HAD A WEEKEND OFF. NO SIRREE BOB - JUST DID NOT GET PAID FOR IT!!!




4 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Beautiful kids..."Do you work, or do you just stay home?" I used to get that a lot and had to take a deep breath before killing someone...GOOD FOR YOU! appears that you have it all together.
HUGS

Melanie said...

I know! It's so true!
Sometimes, ***sometimes*** I just love working on Saturday to get away from all the housework, but mostly every other weekend I wish I was home with my boy.

Glad to you had a weekend home, sorry it was eventful!

Is Quinn feeling better? Poor little pup!

Anonymous said...

I am going to look for those books, they sound wonderful.
Your girls are soooo beautiful!!! Play date soon!!

Anna K said...

Yup, we're getting old. At our age, OUR mothers had teenagers who were legal to drive. And I'm still debating having more children???? Crazy. Hay is a natural beauty. Great photo, I can photoshop the red eye out if it's one you want to scrap with.