Thursday, February 15, 2007

The best news EVER!

So on a whim, about 8 weeks ago, we applied for this special fund that Moxies (Roger and my employer) has. Basically it is a fund that will provide monies for employees if they are needing time off to be with their families, with either a death, surgery, councelling, etc. We did not know if we fit the criteria, or the time frame, as the councel meets four times a year and then your case is up for review.

We heard today that not only do we fit all the criteria, we are already approved. We opted to not take the funds directly, but instead mail in the reciepts for the excess bills that the dental surgery will cost. We have extended health but only to a maximum of $2000 per calender year. We know that this will cost more, and we willing to go on the "pay-as-you-have-the-money" plan. The denturist was fine with that. Now we do not have to worry about it! I am so excited!!!

For those of you that think waitressing and cooking does not pay, obviously have never worked for an establishment like Moxies! Yet antoher small blessing that our family has had bestowed on them in 2007.

I love this year so far...

4 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

There you go again, making me feel so glad I read your blog. I sometimes fall into the pity party routine, but you seem to celebrate everything...GOOD GOING! And as a former waitress I say YEAH for those who serve the public! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Oh that is GREAT news Michelle!!!! So happy for you. It's nice not to have to worry about EVERYTHING. Yay Moxies!! ((HUGS))

Mike Eberhart said...

That sure sounds like a great bit of news! It's nice you have such a benefit available. Wonderful.

LKW said...

Don't you just love those extra little benefits? I know I'm currently loving short-term disability. And my mat leave doesn't start until the day baby is born, instead of a couple weeks before.