Thursday, February 22, 2007

Crockie!




Well I succumbed to peer pressure, or decided that everyone else was looking good looking ugly so I thought I would jump on the ugly bandwagon. Got myself some crocks.

For those of you that do not live on the west coast, or do not know what these are, they are rubber shoes. Someone has even had the brilliant idea to have "jibbitz" on them, which are decorations for your above mentioned rubber shoes.

Mine are from the dollar store. (did you think that I was that desperate to fit in that I would actually pay RETAIL?) Shoes and jibbitz = change back from a ten dollar bill. Yeppers, want to fit in, cheap as all get out. That is me.

So in honor of my plastic shoes (which go in the wash, shine up with Sunlight, and will be great on the beach) I took some photos. Quinners has "dawgs", and mine are not crocks, but I guess instead aptly named the "blue light specials" I threw in a photo of Quinner's shoe against a regular sized pen so that you could all see how teeny tiny they are.

I wonder if they are recycled from all the diapers that I throw in the bin? Now would that not be hilarious!

4 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Hey!
I ordered a pair from my Avon lady last week but don't have them yet. I resisted too...you are a riot!
HUGS

Anonymous said...

I have almost been sucked in as well to purchase Amanda and myself a knock of crock or 2 from the dollar store. They are just staring at me everytime I go in. Hmmm, great for in the garden!! From recycled diapers you say? Now woudlnt that be and IDEA!

LKW said...

Yeah we're a Croc family. My aunt started it and bought her family and our daughter some Crocs. And when we spend weekends at their place on the lake, that's all anyone wears. Butt ugly but comfy lil buggers.

karla said...

I am now offically the last human on the planet without a pair of Crocks then aren't I? :)

You sound like me. Retail for fashion? Unless it's on a seriously discounted rack maybe...