Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Whew, Wednesday..

What a week, so far anyhow! Busy, to say the least.

I had my oral surgeon appointment today, and low and behold, it is ACTUALLY worse than first expected. Really, what can be worse than having ALL your teeth extracted? Try this on for size:
a)total odondectomy (layman term = all teeth out)
b) alvioloioplasty (layman term = smoothing of the gums, filing all the lumps and bumps to create a smooth surface for my new teeth)
c) maxiallary labial frenectomy (layman term = removal of the "flap" of skin that is attached to your upper gum and upper lip)'

Ya, and it all is now at the mercy of our oh, so great, medical system (no offence Queen, I know that is what your paycheck is all about....). Because of the severity of the surgery, I am having it done under FULL anestethic (I know that is spelled wrong) in the hospital operating room. So now the waiting game begins, so I wait.

In the meantime, I am going to have my "new chompers" all ready and waiting for me, just in case the medical system surprises me.

I know that a lot of my faithful readers have been very concerned with the outcome of today, and so I thought that I would update. Now we need speedy efficient service on the end of the Jubilee Hospital, and we are off to the races and able to eat corn on the cob when it is in season here again.....oh small pleasures in life......

Good news on the home front - Quinners cut 3 teeth, so contrary to the bet that Roger and I had going, NO she will not be two years old and still only sporting 4 teeth - all of which are in the front. We are thankful for that - that and the fact that my girls cut teeth by sleeping for 12-14 hours at a stretch and bingo TEETH.

Hayley is now doing awesome in Canskate Advanced, well on her way to passing into level six. The best news of all is that she made the Tyke team for lacrosse, which is what she choosing to play for the spring here. I am happy for an outside choice! She looks so cute out there with all her gear on, and running with all the boys. Photos to come when she lets me....

Peace and love to all of you. Thank you for the well wishes...

3 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Meesh,
WOW! You did have quite a day. I read your blog and sat here trying to think of something to write to you and then it hit me...you don't need wisdom, you already have it...your eyes are on the corn on the cob and the outdoor sporting events and your darling family...you are amazing! HUGS and LOVE

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lynn, you ARE amazing girlfriend! I know you may be scared and this is major surgery, but you will do fine. You got your eye on the prize! Congrats to Quinners for 3 teeth! wowzers! And way to go Hayley on the skating and field hockey! What a girl.

LKW said...

I'm a full believer in anaesthetic. Drugs are our friends. Unlike childbirth, you'll only ever have to do this once in your life. Fingers crossed for a short waiting list.