Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Still cannot post the DAMNNNN photos!

Blogger really is a PITA (pain in the $ss) today. It won't let me upload any photos, so I guess that you are stuck with my sad excuse for writing, and letting you know what is going on. I could visually describe the back yard, but that sounds a bit tedious and so I will leave you in suspense and wait until I can post the photos.

I had no idea that the month of June would be so flippin' busy. With all the bbqs, school field trips, social events and work, you would think that I would need a summer vacation. Why is it that when school is over the real work for mom begins??? I am helping out at the fun day at Hay's school today, and tonight I am off to a Celiac dinner. The association meets once a month, and I never go, it seems as though I am the youngest by about 25 years, and am there as someone's kid or something. I decided to go this time, we are going to a great restaurant, that is having a total gluten-free dinner, with wine and a guest speaker. Enough wine will make any speech interesting I am lead to believe. I am also going alone, so that means if it is terrible, I can always go to Starbucks, have a yummy latte and read the paper in peace. Either way it will be a good night.

Next week I am a field trip driver for the end of year picnic at Gyro beach. Break that down, and it really means that four children under the age of 7 will pile into the van, complete with a backpack each, beach toys, and towels, sing stupid songs and be totally rambunctious the entire distance that it is to drive there. Then we will proceed to unload, me packing Quinn, diaper bag, beach bag, towel, lunch and all the while doing a head count to ensure that I still have all the kids that I left the school with. Heaven forbid I be that mom that loses a child not belonging to me. Then I will set up space on the beach, attempting to keep the sand out of Quinner's mouth, and "tan" for a few hours. Then we will pack up, complete with half the beach of sand inside all the kids shoes, backpacks, towels and bathing suits, to drive them back to the school so that their parent's can them rinse them off. I am being terrible, but deep down I love the fact that I can drive for Hay, being there for her, and not at work during that time. Soon enough she will be embarrassed to be seen with me, and so might as well get in all the volunteering now.

Hope everyone is doing well, and as promised, I will post photos as soon as booger, oops I mean blogger, lets me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booger really is being a blogger...HUH? LOL!

Yes, you are BUSY! Wow woman! I hope your dinner tonight goes well. Sounds nice to get out alone...That doesn't happen all to often. The beach trip, although will be crazy will be fun for sure! So true about savouring these times....good reminder, thanks. Hope to see you some day...LOL!