Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just another day in the West Coast Desert!

We're havin' a heat wave! I love it!!! I guess I have to confess that I love the heat here on the Island, as we always have a breeze, it is never THAT hot, and I have air conditioning in the van. I also know that we cannot be that lucky to have it last that long, so might as well enjoy it while it is here. How else can I resort back to my childhood and swim in the baby pool, spray my kids with the garden hose, and wear tank tops? Although my confession is that our outdoor chairs need covers as I almost burned my BUTT sitting on one yesterday. Those things get darn hot, who whould have thought that plastic heats up in the direct sunlight????? hardy har har

Tonight I am doing interviews for prospective new families for a unit that has come available in the Co-Op. To be honest, this is the last thing that I want to be doing. I procrastinated though and left it to the last possible moment and now am interviewing under the gun. Hopefully it will not be as painful as I am thinking it will and it will be over soon.

Tomorrow we are off to the beach, which will be oh so refreshing. I can't wait to see how Quinn does with the water, as with the backyard pool we cannot keep her out of it!!!

Things to be thankful for: drinking a fruit smoothy with raspberries and strawberries out of my garden, we are not on water restrictions yet, and I am a proud mom of a kindergarten graduate on Thursday!!!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Hope you had fun at the beach!!!! I am so envious..I waaaaannnnntttt to go to the beach!!!!

Glad to hear that everyone is well!!!! Hope Hayler has a great summer!!!

Melanie said...

Me too, I wanna go to the beach.

We are taking Tyler this weekend actually, now that I think about it. We are heading to PEI, can't wait!

Congraz to Hayley for graduating!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Hayley!!!!! You're going into Grade ONE now! Hope that other tooth came out. I'm sure the beach was just LOVELY today...ttys!