Monday, May 08, 2006

TOFEEENNNOOOO!!

Hayley and Jacob posing "Sears Catalogue" style. That is the mighty Pacific Ocean behind them.
Me and Quinners at Comber Beach, it was amazing, but so incredibly windy there! Even Roger took off his socks and shoes and had a "tactile experience" on the beach. SO proud of him. He did say later that he was going to bleach his feet when he got home!!
My beautiful big girl in her wedding attire. She was so excited to wear the shoes, even though the wedding was on the beach.
Typical family shot. Quinn obviously saw something FAR more interesting behind her. Anyhow..
Hair blowing in the breeze, digging sand with a stick, seeing bear foot prints, who could ask for a better day?
Bumper boating in Parksville, so much fun. Had no idea that we would be wringing wet when we were done. Thanks to the attendent, she took all the photos so that I could join the fun.
Quinners and her dad. I had to do her hair in a pony, but somehow it was not in for the wedding. I think that her dad likes it down....
A typical shot of Roger, I think that he is saying "Yahoo, get er done" or something to that effect.
Me and Quinners, soaked from bumper boating. I actually think that Roger has his thumbs up in the above photo because he is so excited that he does not have to pack Quinn around. Good thing I love her on my back.
Gearing up for the hole in one. Mini golf was a race to Hayley, she completed the whole course, minus the last hole and then began again.

The entire weekend was a blast. The first night we went as far as Parksville and did the family things of minigolf and bumper boats. We walked for miles and miles on the beach as the tide was out, gathering tons of shells, sand dollars, bull-kelp and sand. Then we got up early then next morning and drove to Tofino. The drive is something else, roads that go around massive trees, straight up and so many "s-turns". Hayley had a gross experience with a porta potty that she will soon not forget, Quinn slept and Roger and I talked about life. Driving into Tofino you are reminded that it is a rainforest, so amazingly green, lush, and the sound of the ocean is deafening. You can almost hear it from anywhere. Our friend's wedding was spectacular. All in all a great weekend. Next time, no kids, checking into the Wickinnish Lodge and spending my days at the spa.....one can wish can't they?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time. I love that pic of Hayley on the beach with her hair blowing. That's a blower-upper me thinks.
You guys look pretty spiffy all dressed up. I barely recognized you all! Glad you enjoyed the Tofino experience. I say an all girls get-away weekend???????

Melanie said...

Oh no, thats NOT allowed untill I come to visit and then we can call it an "all girls plus one boy get-away weekend!" ok??

Your pictures are lovely! I can't believe how sweet your little girls are! Hayley is just fabulous in her beautiful white shoes, and Quinn (although I can't see her face) looks quite spiffy herself! It looks like you guys had a great time!

PS - did you get a package in the mail from moi?? Just wondering, I sent one to Jen and she got it a while ago. I sent yours the same time!

Anna K said...

oh, oh, oh (arm waving madly in the air) sign me up for the no kids, lay at the spa thing too. love the photos. tell us about the wedding. I am such a sucker for anything wedding. your mom says you are debating a visit home. Can I twist your arm?

Sherri said...

What a good looking family!!!! It is so nice to see all of you in your "spiffy" clothes!!! You too Roger!! LOL

So glad to hear you enjoyed your family get together!!!