Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A beaut of a day!

Well I hope that you all had a great Mother's Day. I had to work throughout the day, but when I arrived home the scent of Mr Clean met me at the door. Roger had cleaned the entire house - top to bottom - including all the linen, towels and random messes that we seem to create! It was an absolute dream. A vase of freesia and irises were arranged on the table, and pizza had been ordered. Now, for those of you that think pizza is an everyday menu item, I caution you to remember that I have Celiac - thus no wheat product discounts the crust. There is a "new to us" pizza place on Wharf street that has gluten free crusts! They are the bomb as well. The pizza was honestly the best I have had since my diagnosis. It was a basil chicken, sundried tomato, artichoke hearts and carmelized onion (totally West Coast) and soooooooo good. Roger had a whole wheat crust and he really enjoyed it as well. Not too pricy either. Needless to say, we programed that number into the phone and will be frequenting it often. A great Mother's day all around, including my first "school project" handmade from Hayley. So cute.

Yesterday was an absolute beaut of a day. I am busy in the backyard arranging my garden and encasing it in antique red bricks, planting my sunflowers and making it as beautiful as this non-green thumbed girl can make it. I have to say though, it is a major improvement. We are going to look at a water table for Quinn today, as well as some more plants for ground cover in the bare spots in the garden. So back to Home Depot I go. Such a fun place.

Working extra shifts at the Mox this week, as Hayley is at a family reunion and spending the week at her dad's house. I miss her terribly and so I am off to work to keep my mind off it. I really miss her chatter throughout the day, we tend to keep each other company and it is very quiet here without her. For those of you that have met her can contest with the fact that she is quite the chatterbox, and when that element is gone is it missed. Well on the positive side, I am able to spend some one-on-one time with Quinn and I will make some extra money working at night.

Things to be thankful for - Quinn always remembers to go down the stairs backwards, the sun is shining and I am able to work in the garden again today, and most of all, all of us are feeling better and we finally licked the cold. Things to be sad for - Canada Post lost my mom's Mother's Day present and now it seems like I forgot to send one to her. If you are reading this mom - I LOVE you and I did remember!!!!!

2 comments:

Anna K said...

glad everyone is feeling better. the pizza sounds good. I know exactly how you feel- I am so lonely when Kara goes with her dad too. Just relish your alone time and the 1-on-1 with Quinn.

Anonymous said...

Yum pizza! I think I'll have to check that out! Your Mom's day sounded wonderful. I'm so glad...except for CP losing your moms present. GRR! I hope they recover it. HUGS!