Monday, March 27, 2006

Sometimes change IS good

Like when you change your hair (stuck in the 80's is not a fashion statement people), change your mind (chicken or fish??? hmmm), change your undies (car accident with dirty undies, not following your mom's rules), or simply change your blog template. Who knew that when I look at my OWN blog the pink is so sunny, spring-like and charming. No wonder Hayley is in love with the color. Makes one feel alive.

Sometimes change is not good either. Like when I have to rearrange the girls' room to make a dresser fit, or when my highlights come out uneven, or when Roger is working a different shift. I am really a creature of habit for those of you that do not know that. I border on obsessive compulsive in some of my habits. I have to shower every day, I have to fold all the laundry right way in, arms tucked in the center and so the fold is NOT down the middle, I have to read every night before I go to sleep (even after sex, I have to read one page - just one I promise...- sorry mom!!!), and I have to have all the cupboards closed in the kitchen at all times. I even scrapbooked the same for a long time before I could change that as well. Technology eludes me, I now have tried unsuccessfully to add my favorite other blogs to my links and only to get an empty page. My MP3 player holds a LOT of songs, but only 16 of them play. Cannot figure out how to stop and start a DVD without it going to the beginning again. HMMM, the list is big. One change I am very good at is throwing away my old clothes and starting fresh again. Holding on to nothing that I have not worn in one season, or jeans that I "one day might fit into", or the flashdance outfit that looked so good on in 1983. Not me. New clothes here - sometimes too many.

Something else I have not changed is my very good friend in Quesnel. We have weathered high school, peer pressure, numerous boyfriends (although we never had the same ones), marriage, babies, divorce, custody issues, second relationships, new babies, and blended families. We share a passion for good tea, great scrapbooking, and like nothing better than a well maintained home. (ha, you just read that we both have babies...). My long distance, kindred spirit, girl who makes me laugh, downhome, Starbucks free, lovable friend, Annamarie. Thinking of you today darling, and wish we were closer. Somethings never change eh?

Just some things on my mind. Not much mind you, as my house might be well maintained but my brain is not!!! One more sleep until my parent's arrive from Arizona for a visit. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Anna K said...

ahhhhh. I wasn't going to blog today but you make me feel all warm and fuzzy that I just might. I think of you often as well. Currently enjoying my half chai and half milk hot drink and blog hopping.