Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The best birthday EVER!!!

Officially the best birthday. Bar none. I woke up with my favorite 6 year old and snuggled in bed watching Scooby Doo, then to the musical sounds of Quinn's jibber jabbing in her crib, proceeded to get up and have a yummy coffee. Birthday cards on the table waiting for me!!! Mom not only made me a beautiful table runner and sent me grandma's ring, she also gave me some money for a new spring running jacket. It will be great for all the "running" I plan to do. Yah, like running back and forth to school, running in and out of the grocery store, running in and out of the skating rink. All the while in the comfort of my minivan. Oh well, the intention is there.

Spent the morning with my friend Jen and her three kids here. They play so well together, and Naomi and Quinn just wrestle for the toy of the day. I admire her, so much patience and love, and expecting #4 soon.

My friend Lisa gave me a hoard of relaxation stuff - for the bath, candles, mini CD, etc. Gonna use that fore sure! After picking up Roger we went into the mall, and unbeknownst to me, picked up my pressie from him. It is a beautiful aquamarine stone, with 4 diamonds, all set in on a white gold ring. Our family ring. I won't lie to you, shed a tear in the jewelry store!!! Then proceeded to hand it back to the saleswoman so it can be sized. Evidently I am a size 5.5!! Baby fingers. He took us out for dinner, had a yummy glass of red wine and a great steak and prawn dinner, then home. When we pulled up to the house there was presents for me on the porch!! Jen bought me a gift certificate to LaSenza and my friend Eden bought me a great summer beach bag, some scratch and wins, and a copy of the Jack Johnson "Curious George" soundtrack. I absolutely love Jack Johnson. Then.............The icing on the "cake" of a day came when my other friend Jen stopped by after her yoga class with her old video camera for Roger and I to use indefinitely!!! I know that I am going to have fun with that toy!! Watch out kids, mommy has got the movie fever now!!! I went to bed very happy and honored to have such great friends in my life. Blessed seems like an understatement.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You deserve the best hun! I am so happy you had a wonderful birthday!

Hugs and kisses!!!! Wish I could celebrate with you!