Thursday, March 02, 2006

I AM A MOM OF A SIX YEAR OLD!!

As my friend Jen would say....HOLY CARP! Hayley is six today! I cannot believe it, it seems like not very long ago that we brought her home from the hospital. Now it is official. She has lived longer with separated mom and dad than she did when her dad and I were together. Oh well, life could have worse repercussions.

She opened up my mom's gift this morning, first thing. The poor girl, everytime she saw inside my closet it was taunting her. It has been here since the end of January!! It turns out that my mom bought her a beautiful Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) music box. I have heard the damn song about 25 times already, I am good. It is a Bradford Exchange, numbered and everything. Everytime she wants to wind it up I get my "paranoid hat" on. That's all we need to do is break it after mom put all the time, effort and love into getting it from Quesnel to Victoria in one piece. It is very nice, and I will clear some room on her dresser for it. Maybe we should put it on a really high shelf, so no little hands will touch it....

Our present came in second, we bought her real figure skates (but for those of you that are not up to speed on the price of skates, these are "new to her" and actually 3rd hand), new glitter pink guards, the Harry Potter #3 (4th comes out on the 7th), and scooby doo stickers. Then she got to choose where to go for birthday dinner,,,,,,, and lo and behold she chose the Chinese Buffet just in the Thrifty Foods complex. All the restaurants and she chose that one. I think it is reputable....Although I do know for sure that I cannot eat anything there, so looks like I'll have soup before we go. It is her day, and she can do what she wants. Even cry.

Things to be thankful for (easy today) got to wear a skirt and no tights because it is sunny enough, my darling first born is six, healthy, and a joy to be around, and one birthday down - three more to go in March- in our family alone. Cheers friends!

No comments: