Sunday, January 15, 2006

Warning - Earthquake zone

My weekend flew by! Moxies was SO busy throughout the weekend - but it made it go by fast. We spent Saturday night at my good friend Liz's house - with the premise that we were going to stay for about an hour. Well it turned into a kitchen party, made a run to get some ciders, cooked up some natchos and had the most laughs that I have had in a long time. Even Roger had an awesome time - but then again, he was the only male at the party!! Yah, about 5 hours later we came home - with Quinn still awake! She went to sleep immediately, only to wake up at precisely 4:21 - right when a earthquake measuring 4.2 hit us. I felt absolutely nothing - but Quinn was super sensitive to it I guess. The big Tsunami did not hit, although I lay bets on the fact that Vancouver Island actually moved farther into the Pacific. Next thing we know BC Ferries will jack their prices again because of it!!!

I am enjoying my last moment of solitude, both girls are asleep, Roger is programming his MP3 player, and I am having tea. Tomorrow begins the chaos once again. School, fieldtrips, skating, a meeting, interviewing a new family for membership within the co-op, getting our new phone installed (we switched to Shaw - Telus can kiss my behind), and then BINGO the weekend is here again. Best news of all - no rain here in Victoria today!!! Although Vancouver did, so if it rains again there tomorrow then we beat the silly old record.

Things I am grateful for today - bought a week's worth of groceries with the tips that I made at Moxies (didn't touch the bank account), Roger is having a great weekend, and both my girls are home again, safe and sound sleeping in their beds. Ah, life is great.

No comments: