Tuesday, January 10, 2006

day two at this blogging



Here it is day two and I am "online" again. Having a few issues, but what can I say, I am low tech. Roger is the geek in this family - and really that was not a goal of mine in highschool. I am from the era that we did not even have computers in school, until the 12th grade, and then we took a class called "computer science". It was beyond me then.

Life is grand, as you can see, the "PIRATE" is a hoot as always. She hates the feel of her bare knees on the hardwood floor, has two bottom teeth now, and is eating everything know to mankind. She may be small at 16 pounds, but she can sure pack it away! Quinn really makes me laugh, especially now that she waves - but only to herself - I wonder where she thinks that she is going anyhow? Probably to somewhere where there is carpet on the floor.......

Now if I could only get my five year old to learn to stop while she is on the ice and quit using the boards I would be happy. Although I should be grateful, she is not whining and sucking on her mitts while she is skating, she loves each and every minute of it. Who knew that I would be a rink mom already.....it seems like yesterday that the only reason that I was at the rink was to see the millionaire hockey team in my hometown play. Drinking slurpees with booze, wearing skirts in -20 weather, hanging out at the 7-11, alas I digress..... Really Hayley is a joy, bringing laughter to my life, and really there is no other child quite like her. She is my princess.

Well, here is to longer days, hotter weather, and someone other than me getting their driver's license in this house. A girl can dream can't she??????

No comments: