Friday, January 13, 2006

Gonna build my ark with a new kind of animal

Well, we are about to set a new record here in Victoria. We have officially had rain for 26 days in a row. Five more to go and we beat the record originally set in 1956. Boy oh boy, can't we beat the record for the most sunny days in January? No, we pick rain. Great way to bring in the new year, I actually think I am getting web feet. Although, I am proud to say, still wearing my capri pants today. Wonder why I can't kick this cold I have?

2006 has begun on a strange note. Roger suffers terribly with SAD and all this rainy weather is not helping any. The good thing is that he is workingReall dayshift now, and at least is out when it is not dark. Needless to say, he is not his normal jovial self. Ha, those of you that know him, can see that as a joke, with a nickname as "OLD MAN BEAULIEU" one can only be so jovial. Every day that we have more daylight hours is better, soon this will be behind us as well.

As mentioned before, Hayley passed her skating, and is now wearing her skating dress 24-7. By the time she gets to wear it on the ice the poor thing will be in rough shape. She is so proud of herself though. Really who am I to say that she has to take it off?

Well of to Home Depot to get my ark supplies, what kind of animal would you pick to put on your ark? I would pick dolphins (they mate for life), platypus (or when your pluralize it does it become platypi?), and soft cute bunnies (you can litterbox train them), and then the remainder would be all the endangered species - what about you?

Things I am thankful today - don't have to take the bus in the pouring rain, Hayley has a playmate to hang out with today, and my $80 capris that I have been coveting at the Gap finally went on sale for $20. A good day. Until tomorrow - laugh at least once today, but not when you see me in my new jeans ok?

No comments: