Monday, January 23, 2006

Have you met me, I am the queen, I have the wave down pat....


Yes, I am the queen, the queen of wiping noses, bums, picking up toys, singing to Fred Penner, reading a book and watching Harry Potter at the same time.....and my best talent ever is the picking up of toys. You should see me, I truly am the best in my class!!

Tongue in cheek though, everyone except me is sick in this house. Dog-bark coughs, runny noses, and worse of all, a grown man with a sinus infection. Kids just sleep it off, but men, they whine, complain, shuffle about and generally get on my last nerve. God forbid I get a cold - but I think that any virus knows that I am FAR too busy to be sick. Who would get everything done around the house then?

Here is Hayley, proud as punch, in her skating dress. She looks every bit the part when she is out there. The colour, I believe, is called "Flashdance Pink" but she loves it. I am very proud of her as well, she skates her butt off every week.

Quinn's latest move is to tackle the stairs. She scales them like nobody's business - nothing is going to get in this kid's way. Every time I look at her and remember how very little she was at birth (5 pounds 12 ounces), and even throughout the summer at only 9 pounds, I am astonished that she is accomplishing all this before she is a year old. Topping the scales at 16 pounds, she may be little, but she is so FAST. Between lifting her in and out of the car, stroller, packing her in the backpack, and now running after her - maybe now I will achieve the muscle tone I have been waiting for.....

My very bestest and oldest friend is off on a cruise right now. This is their third or fourth one, and the second one that they have taken their kids on. I am attempting to live vicariously through them, but instead I am sitting in my living room with a fleece on, drinking tea and being jealous. I do hope that they are having a great time though.

Well, off to watch Harry Potter with Hayley. It is one of those afternoons, curled up on the couch watching a movie together. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: