Friday, February 17, 2006

OMG IT"S OFFICIAL!!!

We here in sunny (emphasis on sunny) Victoria actually dropped below the freezing point last night! Yes, it is indeed -1 as we speak, very cold considering how with the bloody wind out there it is actually -10. I actually had to wear long pants and socks today, something I usually avoid at all costs. I am a warm weather girl, been climatized since leaving Quesnel, spent a year in beautiful Australia, and then proceeded to freeze my butt off in England and Scotland after that. I have come to the conclusion that I do much better in the warmth. So here I am, in a sweater and LONG pants, having a coffee and sitting near the heater. So much for the excuse that housing prices are outrageous here in Victoria because we only get nice weather. It is the pits today. The upside is, though, it is sunny still.

Pro-D day here. Another word for entertaining your kids all day long. Yah, like I am going to go swimming with these white legs, or to the library with 100 other kids, or maybe to the rink - my favorite thing is to lace skates up you know. Me thinks we will build a large fort, pretend we are on a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific and get a tan.

Scrapbooking is going well since I decided to get organized. Who knew that I had about 40 different sheets of Christmas paper? I can usually bang off one layout a day, if I am feeling creative. It is helping that I bought 8 magazines off ebay (don't read this line Annamarie) for under $20 and am getting some ideas from there.

Well, hungry kids are calling. Until next time......

No comments: