Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My new glasses!!!!

HA HA!! Just joking!!! I actually had an eye appointment today, but my Celiac has made some complications with my eyes. It seems as though when you radically change your diet in any way your eyes cannot compensate. So I am having a tough time with production of my tears, and the side effect of this is constant watery eyes, extreme sensitivity to sunlight, and discharge in the corners. I probably need a prescription as well, but have to put the "fake tears" in my eyes for 3 weeks and then I need to go back and he will remeasure my eye.
What a load of crap, and $95 later, I walk out. Teary eyes like I am crying at the state of the bill, but I do get the money back on our extended health plan. I just am frustrated with this damn autoimmune DISEASE that seems to affect every aspect of my life. It is becoming more apparent that is much, much more than just changing your diet. My birth control pill had gluten in it as a binder and I was taking THAT every day! Toothpaste, Scope, and medications all have it. Pasta and whole wheat bread I can forfeit, it is all the hidden things that still trip me up. ARGH.
Gotta get back on track.

So I guess that I will be sitting here with cucumbers on my eyes, fake tears running down my cheeks as I eat a gluten free BLT before I am to drive to the skating rink. Did I mention that a loaf of my gluten free bread costs $6.99? Maybe the tears that I am crying are not fake at all.....

Ok, things to be thankful for: (tough today let me tell you...) I am not blind, I don't have to give myself a needle everyday, and I am part of the Celiac Association that I can call when I have days like this......let's hope that I don't get a busy signal....................

No comments: