Tuesday, February 21, 2006

HAPPY DOUBLE EAR INFECTION DAY!

Did you not know? It is a holiday that we celebrate once a year, date on a fluctuation scale. Yippy - it is here, send out for streamers and balloons. Just no load horns, they may hurt the poor above mentioned ears. Yes, it is Hayley, and it one trait that I did not want her to inherit from me - the dreaded ear infections. She is a trouper though, she is watching "Sponge Bob the movie" and not whining. I think she knows that whining just makes mom lose it. It is kind of like those whistles that only dogs can hear and they all come running - that is whining for me. Instead of running TOWARDS the noise, I hightail it right out of there! I feel so bad though, when she needs to blow her nose (like every 5 minutes) I can physically hear her ears pop. Hopefully back to school tomorrow.

Yesterday was so fun! Hayley spent the day watching movies with her dad at his house, and Quinn, Trent (daycare boy) and I ventured off to Value Village. It was 50% off EVERYTHING day. Ya, you read correctly - I am a sale girl, nothing full price, nothing retail, only consignment stores, girlfriend's closets, and cast offs for me. I had a hayday, both girls got new swimsuits, summer dresses, Quinn got her first pair of shoes (hard soled), loads of dress up clothes, new pots for my garden, and a PONCHO! I bought myself the trendiest poncho ever! Now I just need to purchase some incense and brown flared cord pants and I can transform myself into the 60's. Not the most flattering time in the woman's movement if you ask me. The poncho, however, is quite nice, and will get a lot of use considering how Victoria is in the midst of some cold weather here.

Now, this next part, for all those that know us, are sworn to secrecy. Roger is debating leaving his position at Moxies' and go into an Electrical Apprenticeship. It is a big gamble for him, and a decision that he is still weighing, although I say GO FOR IT! For about 6 months we will be taking a drastic cut in pay, but after that initial time frame, we will be making more. In four years he has the potential of making more than double of what he is making now. I am the one that handles the finances here, and I know that I can make it work - and really, it is not that long. What are we actually going to give up? Weekends on the sailboat? Private lessons at tennis? The BMW parked out front? Come on now, we don't have a lot of money as it is, and we do just fine. I will phone BC Hydro and tell them that love will pay the bills from now on! Have I mentioned how much I am turned on by a tool belt? So much more sexy than a grimy ol' chef coat.......

Things I am grateful for: we live in housing that rent is dependent on our income, and can be lowered if our income drops, Hayley is on day two of antibiotics, and February is a "car payment free" month...

No comments: