Sunday, February 12, 2006

FIRST GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!!!

Last night was our first girls night. Over the course of the first week in January I decided that I do not see my girl friends enough, and so began the process of creating a night out once a month with them. Last night we went to Liz's house and the premise was to make homemade Valentine cards. There were five of us, Liz, Jan, Jen, Debby and me. There were 10 more invited, but due to other commitments, could not make it. We proceeded to make 4 cards (combined total - not each), ate a lot of good food, drank a wide variety of alcoholic bevies, and most importantly - talked, laughed and got reacquainted. It was so much fun, and was so good for my soul to see friends that I talk to on the phone, or see at playgroup, or PLAN to see, and last night I actually did. Now I cannot wait until the next one.

Then this morning came around - with a slight headache and the nagging reminder of the fact that I was scheduled at Moxies'. Sadly, I was scheduled as the bartender as well (is this called cruel irony? Maybe adding insult to injury? Or how about me getting my just rewards??). After partaking in an advil, having a huge glass of water and then having a coffee, I was beginning to feel like myself. The headache I can handle, as most days I have one, but it is the LACK OF SLEEP that does me in. Have I mentioned how much I like my bed??? In all honesty, the day went by just fine at work, very busy, and came home with a fatter wallet than that of which I left with. What can be wrong with that?

Things to be thankful for, Roger cleaned out the office and threw away an entire garbage bag of useless junk, my weekend at work is over, and most of all, I am exactly where I want to be - at home with my three favorite people in the world. Now if they would only learn to pick up after themselves.....

No comments: