Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Liquid Sunshine

Typical Wednesday around here. A mad rush to get the girls to school, drinking my lukewarm coffee in the van while it is pouring rain out, drop one off at her school, and then off to preschool with Quinn.

So far nothing out of the ordinary.

At preschool, however, this is about to change. I met one of my daycare families there and the little guy gave me a totally warm smile - something that is tough to coax out of him on the best of days let alone when his dad is there and he is about to say goodbye. Sunshine on a rainy day.

Then, one of my daycare families (the mom is on mat leave with the most gorgeous little girl that you can imagine) has a son at the same preschool. He came over to me and told me his missed my house! Another ray of sunshine.

Then I go out to the van, baby in tow for a morning of chores, laundry, emptying the dishwasher and getting ready for the inundation of kiddies when school is finished, and there is a parcel on my seat of my van. It is a cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. The note inside read, "for being who you are, you deserve a special something" - from a friend.

This was the rainbow of the day.

Note to self, continue to leave the van unlocked, for you never know when a special something may end up on your seat.

Although the rain continues to come down, with little thought to my hairstyle and soggy coat, my day is full of happy thoughts and my heart is full knowing that I have made a difference in other people's lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday Michelle! I am glad you are blogging again and have maybe inspired me to start up again as well. Have a great day!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the little things that make a day so special. They are the best!