Sunday, January 11, 2009

Forever Sundays...

Sometimes I wish that the weekends would not end. Sometimes. This weekend was one of those times.

So often I go through my weekends as busy as I spend my weeks. Doing laundry, going to "activities", driving to the grocery store, cleaning, paying bills, not sleeping in....you know the drill...no change from Monday to Friday.

This weekend, however, seemed different. I still did all the above "stuff", but managed to fit in a movie on Sunday afternoon with a friend, some time on the computer, some time reading, and a trip to the gym. Even with all this, it did not seem busy. It seemed, somehow, right.

Roger and Mel were busy with the bathroom renovation (photos on facebook) and I just busied myself with the other household necessities. Maybe it was because I knew that Roger was busy doing his own thing, the pressure was off to entertain.....maybe.

Maybe it is because I felt no need to do anything. No housebound cabin fever. No restlessness shopping need. No "burning a hole in my pocket" to spend money. Just contentment. This weekend was bliss.

Now, how to carry it over into the week and I would have the full answer to the question.

Until then, let it be Sunday forever.

No comments: