Sunday, May 06, 2007

Working with my dad




Roger is a cook/day manager as his paying job. In his spare time he loves to rebuild computers. At any given time our office is a computer graveyard, with bits of motherboards, ram, screws, wire and a whole host of unknown foreign mechanical stuff. You have to realize that he is very high tech, nothing but the newest, latest and fastest pieces of equipment are good enough to grace our front door. Now me, on the other hand, is low/no tech. I hate having more than one remote, only listen to one radio station (hate tuning in), was happy with the performance of my VCR, and cannot program my watch to time my laps when I run. Low tech.

Yet we are the ying/yang of one another. He can teach the girls how a computer works, all the inner ramblings of a techie. I will use the internet to book us airline tickets to travel the world.

Seems like a fair trade off for an office of screws.

3 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I think that is what works for many couples. After 35 years with my man I still remember people who knew us when we got together stratching their heads and thinking it wouldn't last...ying and ying...great blog entry, as usual, Meesh. HUGS

Melanie said...

Opposites attract, don't they say? :)

When are you gettin' hitched?

Anna K said...

do you need any little glass jars to hold all those screws? We have plenty here, haha. Sounds just like my house: opposites who like to make messes and collect things.