Sunday, May 27, 2007

My BIG girl can finally do it!

Hay has been practicing everyday to learn how to go all the way across on the Monkey Bars at her elementary school. This is something of a fetish, one that she cannot let go of. Now that she has mastered it, and boy am I proud, she will move on to the next accomplishment.
Grabbing the rings for a monkey swing across.
Concentration is a must. I was in her bad books when I took this opportunity to tickle those armpits. They were taunting me.
Hanging by one arm. Try doing this at 36 years old. I did, and thought I was going to rip my arm out of it socket, leaving only exposed flesh and a hand left holding the monkey bar. Wow, I also thought I was going to have to make a chiropractor appointment to realign my spine.
Climbing back up to do it all over again.

I am so proud of her. Monkey bars are a right of passage when you are in elementary school. Next on her list is to flip around on the bar landing on her feet. Yah, forgot about being that flexible a longgggg time ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, CONGRATS HP!! I remember that feeling of making it all the way across, good for you sweety!!!!! Secondly, Michelle, Hayley is just so beautfiul! What great shots!

LKW said...

Good for H! P is obsessed with the monkey bars as well, thanks to a certain episode of Dora at 'play park'. When I tried to swing across, gravity laughed and brought me swiftly back to earth. Won't be trying that again.

Anna K said...

ahhh, the good old days of doing "peach baskets" around the monkey bars until you break all the blood vessels in your elbows and knees. I'll have to show her that one (YES I CAN still do it)

Lynn Barry said...

A-dor-a-ble! HUGS