Thursday, May 17, 2007

Am I NUTS?

Ok, so I quit my job at Moxies. So I want to stay home with my kids. Budget. Limited income. Daycare home. Toys everywhere. More kids than I have limbs. Alcohol would be an asset. Yep, that is me today. I have 7 kids today. Seven. Like the dwarfs. Yet, I am NO snow white. My prince is at work, and when he gets home he stinks. Apples are not appealing to me, although I would be happy with the wicked witch knocking at my door about now. Then I would trap her into some adult conversation and boy, would she be sorry she stopped here.

Let me break it down. This is what makes it worth my while (besides all the jargon about nourishing young minds, how rewarding it is, yada yada yada).

Forty dollars a day.

Times seven kids.

Divide by eight hours.

Sometimes the little things help me through.

7 comments:

LKW said...

Sounds like my mantra`when I worked at the mill. Only I knew how much I made ever 10 minutes and what it could buy me. Hang in there.

Anna K said...

if it's all under the table, then hey, you are probably making more than me. Good for you, Snow White.

Lynn Barry said...

Get hooked on soap operas while the kiddos play...they will all of a sudden grow up and you will be missing those days...maybe? maybe not...any way...good for you. HUGS

Lea Ray said...

Definately do like Lynn says get lost in the Soaps for awhile when they are playing. That's my release at night after working all day and listening to angry taxpayers all day. I personnally like Young and the Restless and General Hospital.

Unknown said...

I dont know how you do it. I would be pulling all of my hair out of my head with that many children to care for all day long.

Anonymous said...

I think you'd be more nuts if you would've stayed at Moxies. 7 kids is a nothing girl! Try 21 8 year olds!! EEK!

Melanie said...

I want that kind of job. Hmm... perhaps I need to look into it.