Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Three down, one to go....

For those of you that do not know, every person in our family has a birthday in March. We start off the month with Hayley on the 2nd, move on to me on the 14th, then Roger on the 19th and round out the month with Quinners on the 30th. A month where I get to have birthday cake three times! Well, actually four because Roger's dad is the same day as mine. And, if it still counts, Hayley's biological grandfather's day is on the 15th. That is a whole lot of cake!

Last night we celebrated Roger's 31st. I made a yummy gluten-free chocolate cake with whippy icing. It was very good, tasted like a brownie! We tried to have a great time, with lots of laughs and attempted to take his mind off his dad. I am still unsure of whether or not this was a success, he is taking the news very hard.

More birthday cake please mommy! She will not sit on a booster anymore, and her little chin barely is over the table.
Come on, let me take a photo! Ya, right, not on your life!

Spring Break is upon us here, and it is rainy and yucky outside. Thanks Mother Nature for the help in this category! Yesterday it was an all day barbie and kelly fest and about ten daycare kids (always more when there is not school - but honestly there was NOT ten, do you think me to be nuts??) Today she is going to a Library Program called "Grossology". She is very excited about what the science experiments might be....

Well, pitter patter of feet coming down the stairs, so that means off goes the news and on goes some sort of cartoon....oh well, there is nothing but accidents and strife to hear about, much rather spend it with my kids...

4 comments:

Anna K said...

that's a lot of cake! hope you are enjoying your spring break as much as we are (ha ha ha, it's called clean break here)

Melanie said...

Lots of cake YUMMIE!

I am having those chair issues with Tyler too. No more booster seat for my little man. I think it might result in him getting his own table and chairs for his birthday present because I am petrified he is gonna flip off of a "big person chair" and bonk his head.

I'm glad you guys had a nice time for Roger's birthday. God love him, my heart goes out to you guys.

Take care! :)

ps - cant' wait to see Quinn's birthday pics!!

pss - I don't know HOW I missed your birthday, Happy Belated Birthday sweety!

Lynn Barry said...

You are def going to get birthdayed out...these pics are fantastic! What drama, what cuteness. Not surprised with the GREAT mom they have. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Roger~!! Is Quinn having a party?? Yummy to that cake you made. Aren't those amazing!? I love them. My dad's is thursday. I'm making an angel food cake! Can't beleieve Quinn will be two!!!!!! Miss you guys....xoxo