Sunday, January 28, 2007

Heaven, I'm in Heaven...

Just finished having a big cry. Well, actually a little cry. In all honesty, a tear formed in my eye. Over what you may inquire?



MY GLUTEN FREE BREAD RECIPE THAT I GOT FROM FREETOEAT'S BLOG WORKED!!!!


I cannot believe it.
Really I cannot. All my past attempts exited the oven and entered the garbage can. Did not pass go, did not collect $100. Did not even try them out for taste. But I pose the question to you; when it looks about 1" thick, consistancy of glue and weighs a ton - would you?

I could not even wait until it cooled. I had the pass the time by vacuuming the house so that I would stay busy and not hoverover the loaf quoting "cool cool cool". Finally it was ready for the big finale - boy was it worth it!!! I had a thick slice, with REAL butter and a dash of peanut butter, and it was melt-in-your-mouth-almost-like-before good.

For those of us not blessed with a bread maker, this is great! My kudos go out to Lynn for sharing it. Gotta go, all this talk about it makes me want another piece..... Cannot wait until tomorrow morning as I am going to try it out grilled as french toast.

Heaven, I'm in heaven....


6 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

Isn't it just wonderful to have a recipe turn out great! And, to enjoy something you can rely on again and again, since once you have mastered the baking once, subsequent attempts are even easier.

I remember the days of many more failures in GF baking then successes. But, that old saying about practice making perfect really hold true. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You never thought you'd be so emotional over bread did you? That's awesome Meesh! I'm so happy it turned out!!!! It sounds very yummy!

Lynn Barry said...

Michelle,
I just read your heavenly posting and started crying too. I am happy with the bread and knowing someone else is makes it even better.
I have been so challenged to make something edible and not being able to use yeast and milk and all that I wondered if I ever would get there...I guess I did and sharing it is what it is all about.
HUGS! YOU MADE MY DAY!

Anna K said...

sounds good, save me a slice, we'll do GF together. If I follow the "eat for your blood type" I'm not suppose to have any wheat products either.

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

Wheat is in everything! Tough part is that I also cannot eat rye, barley or oats. Although I have had some PURE oats from Cream Hill Estates and they are yummy. I made apple crisp with them....trying to find a suitable/adapatable matrimonial bar recipe now....

Melanie said...

I'm glad for you!! I can understand your excitement. I don't eat bread very much anymore and I crave it like a bugger!! No wonder you shed a tear, I would have too!

This is teriffic news!