Sunday, October 07, 2007

Be thankful

I have been thinking about what it means to be truly thankful. Thinking for me equates blogging. So as you can see, my faithful readers, I have not been doing a whole lot of thinking as of late.

I have come to the realization that being truly thankful means not wanting to change anything. I know that there are many things in my life that I am thankful for, as I could not function as me if I did not have them as a part. Then there are the others.......

I am thankful for my house, although I wish that we had ownership, a low mortgage and a load of property that my girls could run on. Instead I possess the biggest backyard in the co-op and the cul-de-sac on which they can ride their bikes.

I am thankful for my health, although I wish that I did not have the gene pool to pass my autoimmune disorder to my children, or I would have more.

I am thankful for a partner to spend my days with. I do wish, however, that he was more in tune to my feelings, brought me flowers everyday and showered me with love and undying attention. I guess I am very thankful that HE showers.

I am thankful for my mom and dad. I wish and pray that one day we will live closer together so that we can spend more time together. That or ruby red slippers that we can put on and tap together and presto....hugs from my mom.

I am thankful that we have food, water and shelter. Why does it have to come at a price of working lots, being frugal, and living in the co-op?

I am thankful for great friends. I wish that we had more time in our busy lives to have coffee together, look up new and exciting recipes, and exchange parenting tips.



Something that I am very thankful for, something that I would not change, who I am pleased with is me.

I like me. I think I have a wicked sense of humor, am a great friend, and am solid in my thoughts and feelings. I am happy with my life, in most aspects, and content with my choices. I love my two girls, get giddy thinking that I produced such unique lives. They are crazy, busy, thoughtful, charming, and although sometimes I feel that I am raising girls with the manners of trained monkeys...........I love them.

So this thanksgiving I challenge you to think of what you are truly thankful for. I bet it is more than you think.

Something, however, I am not thankful for is that now I must sign off and don my runners. It is the time for me to get out the door and run the 8K portion of the Garden City Marathon. In the rain. With 10,000 others. To be rewarded with muffins (hahaha,,insult to injury to a Celiac).

Happy thanksgiving my friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list Meesh, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Daily flowers and adoration wears thin too you know. Some times, when you just wanna be crabby, you just aren't in the mood for all that love and niceness.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

hmm, I wonder who my anonymous commenter is?

Lynn Barry said...

I am thankful I read your blog today...you do make me thing. LOVE and HUGS.