Friday, October 19, 2007

Bring your sister to preschool day

Hayley and Quinn making a teddy bear mask.


Teacher Hayley helping out. Doesn't she look so big??


What else can I glue?


Oh, I know, I will glue the stick so when mommy picks it up her hand will stick to it!


Well, it is my first official Friday off of daycare, and it was a pro-d day. Quinn thought it was a blast that Hayley could come to "school" with her. She was so proud, telling everyone that her "seester" was here! We had a great day, after school we drove downtown and went to a vintage toy store, then looked at new high top runners and pillaged Value Village. Came home $4 less rich as there were no bargains to be found. Had a great time anyhow.

Hayley and I are watching all the Star Wars movies together. I was really never into them when I was a kid, but seeing them through her eyes is brilliant. They are true classic movies. They have left such an impression on her that she is even dressing up as Princess Leah for ol' Trick or Treat day. I made the costume...wait...don't applaud. The skirt is a pillow case with the bottom cut off and elastic for the waist. The top is a 99 cent deal from the Sally Ann that is a huge caftan beach shirt that we altered and her hair is a wig from San Fransisco's that we are in the midst of winding around ear muffs for the ear-bun look that made her famous. HA! Pictures will come in due time.

Quinn wants to be a princess. Just straight out of the dress up box. Go for it I say. She will probably accent the outfit with her rubber boots anyhow. My favorite part is the look of utter joy when they get candy in their bag, and how to hide it from Roger.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Stephanie Nelson said...

How nice for Quinners to bring Hayley to school. She will no doubt talk about it for weeks. And I bet it was cool for Hayley as well.

Lynn Barry said...

Ahhhh your girls are precious and I know you know it and celebrate it always! HUGS

Unknown said...

My sister and I are 55 and 47, and we still call each other " My Seester." Can you believe it?

Anna K said...

so who had more fun, big sister or little one?