Friday, September 21, 2007

Pre-pre-school today


outside of Commonwealth Pool


having snacks


but I really like the flag part of kindergym


how is that for a smiley face??


look at the windblown hair! I am jealous!


Partly to do with mother-hood guilt, partly to do with wanting to see how the "other-half does it" (read - people with real jobs outside the home), and partly to do something with only Quinn; we enrolled in Stepping Up to Preschool. On paper we are to leave our children in the great hands of trained professionals for 45 minutes, all the while sipping on fresh brewed coffee and aimlessly catching up on current events. In reality we are standing at the back of the classroom trying to blend in with the other parents who's children will not let them open to doors to the outside world.

Quinn did amazingly well for a pint sized wonder who has done basically nothing without me right beside her. I even amazed myself by leaving for an entire 10 minutes before the teacher tracked me down in the cafe with a sobbing Quinners in her arms. She loves her mommy, what can I say? She settled quick for snack time, painted an Picaso'esq painting of a pink storm, and sung the "itsy-bitzy spider" song at the top of her lungs. As you can see from the photos, she did enjoy kindergym and would not have given a rat's arse if I was there or not.

She is the youngest there, by three months. And everyone cried. Even some mommies. Those that actually let the parents/grandparents/caregivers leave. I am proud of her. She sang her lungs out.

There is always the radio to listen to for the current events of the world anyhow, and it may be an acquired taste, but I like my coffee nuked at least once.

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

AHHHH how wonderful...precious, really...HUGS

Lea Ray said...

What beautiful hair. I am so jealous. Enjoy every minute with her, I envy you.