Wednesday, January 23, 2008

RaMBLINGS OR SOMETHING....

I feel that I am somewhat detached from my blog as of late. Life seems to be flying past me, yet at the same time, I am doing what I set out to do in 2008. I am reading more, with two books on the go, and two more coming in from Amazon.ca anytime. I am scrapbooking WAY more. I have completed my entire Vernon/wedding/girls summer weekend away, working on Christmas, and have loads of semi finished-but-at-least-printed-off-the-computer so-they-count pages. I am holding hands with Roger more, reading with the girls, tolerating the daycare kiddies, and drinking less coffee. I feel good.

I attended our Celiac restaurant night out tonight. I always feel akin to how I did when I attended Rotary meetings with my mom. I want to still introduce myself as someone's daughter. Nope. No sirry. This is my organization! I pay the membership! I reap the benefits! Like tonight. I got to dine in confidence with other Celiacs, talking about food while eating food. Ya, my kind of night. Actually I liked the getting dressed up for once, wearing my black boots and putting on mascara.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh dinner out sans kids with mascara! That is a big deal. Glad you enjoyed it and are sticking to your goals/intentions.

Lynn Barry said...

I know the feeling, the not focused on bloggin feeling, but it matters not...sounds like you are in a good place and that says volumes...blog when you feel moved to...your entries are always lovely to read. HUGS and LOVE

Anonymous said...

You put on those black boots and that mascara and have yourself a wonderful time. And the best part you don't have to worry about what you eat. Nothing could be better.