Sunday, August 26, 2007

UFC

Yep, me who detests violence, hosted a UFC fight night here. Actually Roger did the inviting and I did the party planning. I LOVE parties, any excuse to have one is alright with me!

So with money in tow, off to the grocery store I go. Dips, chips, mushroom caps, pizza sauce, cream cheese....oh the list was making my mouth water. Now the prep....

Cranking the ACDC Roger and I went to work. Slicing, dicing, laughing, and working along side in the kitchen. Probably one of my favorite afternoons yesterday. Cooking with the boy was great. no fighting, no bossiness (on my part), no dictating (on his part). Loverly.

Table laden with food (stuffed mushroom caps, potato skins, artichoke dip, pizza 7 layer dip, cheese, crackers, chicken wings, garlic sausage, pickles.....) our friends started to arrive. Of everyone that came there were only four women; two of which wanted to watch the fight and two who gave a rat's arse about it. I was in the rat's arse group. So Tina and I went to the Four Mile Pub and toasted a girls night out, sans children, men and blood and guts (aka UFC fight) and had a great laugh.

Came home to a sleeping baby, empty plates of food on the table and about 7 packs of empty beer bottles...with a smile on my face and a wink to Roger I knew that our "fight night" hosting was a success. Both of us got what we wanted. For me it was spending time with him in the kitchen before, and for him it was finally being able to be social and have some fun with his buds.

The best part of the night was that all our friends were raised right. They all pitched in and cleaned up the house before going home. At 2am. 2am. Who in their right mind stays up until 2am? With kids? Not me, I graced the bedsheets at 12:30. That was late enough for me.

Hmmm, what party can I plan next?

3 comments:

LKW said...

Friends that clean up, let alone guys friends that clean up is a wonderful thing. Glad your 'party' was a success. At our house it's usually husband in bed at 12:30 and me up til 2am...cleaning the kitchen.

Anna K said...

the only reason I go anywhere social is for THE FOOD - and it sounded really good.

Lynn Barry said...

I used to hate coming into the room with pro wrestling on the TV and then I sat down and got hooked...some people have a lot of aggression and I guess these rough forms of entertainment give it all an outlet. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND! HUGS