Thursday, September 28, 2006

Licorice All sorts

Well guys and gals, it has been forever, and so I thought I would finally put finger to keyboard, and give you all the Reader's Digest version of what is going on. Grab a chai tea, big coffee, or glass of wine and enjoy the read.....

Things are nutty! We are finally not having to go to the burn unit every day for Quinn. The wound has healed over about 80% and we are now into the second stage of healing, which is pressure bandage. She has a sleeve of tight neoprene that she has to wear 23 1/2 hours a day which will (hopefully) enable the scar to heal flat instead of all lumpy bumpy. She pulls on it and says "tight tight" but it is not that bad. Aside from all the looks and sideways glances we receive, it is ALL GOOD. Thanking our lucky stars on that one.

Hayley has begun skating, and so off to the rink two times a week again. She has so much more confidence than last year, and continues to have fun. I am glad that we opted to go again. The rink is the brand new Save On Foods Memorial, and so it is warm as well. No more Quesnel Twin Arena, cold as all get out, warming up under the six stratigically placed heaters with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. Although I have to admit when my friend the Queen and I were rink rats we were not at all concerned about being cold, in our mini skirts, and "spiked slurpees" - if we even remotely looked chilly, a big hockey player would gladly give us their Millionaire jacket! Oh the thought of leather sleeved jackets - four sizes too big - with the name stiched on the arm...haven't had that thought in a while! But again, I digress.....

Roger is busy disecting another room to renovate....now it is the downstairs bathroom. In my humble opinion, that room needs to be bombed and started all over again. It is the size of some woman's shoe closet with about as much appeal as a bologne sandwich. Nothing is going to make that room better. But all the power to him, men and their power tools.

Me. Me. What can I say about me??? I have managed to program my MP3 player and am walk/running every day. My a$$ is so sore that I am discovering muscles that I haven't heard from in years. That will be my luck - I will develop a ghetto booty. I am blaming the sore bottom on the fact that I am having to push the stroller, single or double one, everywhere that I go. Not to mention that Hayley's school is straight uphill, taunting me with a cold beer and wine store, a pub, a hairsalon, an antique store, and a corner store that I could quite easily purchase a chocolate bar in. All things that I would rather do than get into shape. But my hard work is paying off, yesterday I bought a pair of yoga capri pants in a size small, and my last pair of pants were a size 6!!! The baby belly - now that is a different story. Roger had the nerve yesterday to tell me that I was TOO small. Is that not an oxymoron? Kinda like jumbo shrimp? My goal is not to be small, but to be strong. Then I can really kick his butt!!!

The most glorious sound in the world was yesterday - according to my friend the Queen. The thump. Although mine is a little different, but the outcome is the same. The day that the mailman brings me the latest copy of Scrapbook ETC. YAHOO! Love this mag, still leafing through the past issues, but it is enough to get my creative juices flowing. Finished a mini album, about 20 pages of our trip to Tofino wayyyyyyy back in May. Love it. Going to an all day scrappin' workshop and crop on the 22nd of October. Believe it or not, a regular that comes into Moxies invited me to come with her, and it turns out that she is very fun to be with! Strange how life deals out the cards sometimes.

Well, there it is in a nut shell. My licorice allsorts of a life. Miss everyone and love everyone.

3 comments:

Anna K said...

Great update. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. So happy to hear about Q's arm.
Hockey jackets, hmmm, haven't thought about those in awhile. Guess it won't be long before our girls are into that kind of stuff (scary thought huh). Thinking of making a trekk up your way whenever WestJet has a seat sale. Let me know what your schedule is like.

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

Oh Queen! My schedule will always be open for you! Just let me know - so excited already!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm going to have to do an update now...I've been a bad blogger. Thanks for filling us in. Great to hear about everyone and way to go with the running/walking!Talk soon!