Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wanting the best....

As a parent, of course you want to protect your kids. Without hesitation. Yesterday made me want to take Hayley in my heart, protect her, and keep her safe. My heart just broke when her dad brought her back to the house last night. He told her that his job was going to take him to Vancouver - which for those of you that are unfamiliar with - is a ferry ride away. In the grand scheme of things it is not that far - but unbeknownst to Hayley, he will eventually be farther. She ADORES her dad, he is her shining light, her knight, her "does no wrong". For her to understand that he is moving is not easy. Both her dad and I have spoke in great lengths about this new job, and he would be foolish to not take it, the worst thing is that he leaves Hayley behind because of it. I also know that time will make it easier for her to understand. Just think, she can go on the plane and see him by HERSELF when she is seven. It was the tears and the sad, sad, sad, face when they said goodbye. Had a cry myself. After we sat and talked she was much better, but it still breaks my heart to see her cry.

Lots to look forward to today, it is the first day of school today. She has her new backpack all ready, with her new indoor shoes and granola bar already inside. I hope that it is stress free and she gets the teacher that she will learn the most from. Cheers to a new school year!

2 comments:

Anna K said...

it really sucks huh? we have been doing that exact thing for 6 yrs now. hate to tell you but it doesn't get any easier -each time she has to say goodbye is like the first time all over again. not much you can do about it but give her all the love and support you always do (and some extra special "her and you" time). You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot for a young girl to take on. I agree with the queen, just keep on givin' her all the love and support you always do--and then some. Thinking of Hayley...