Sunday, August 27, 2006

How we spent our Sunday

These are our friends, Mel and Jo (both girls.....hahaha - I know they read this), getting all strapped in to Bungy Jump at Bungy Zone. They are both very brave.
Here is Mel, swinging down, it took her FOREVER to work up the nerve to jump - says her - but according to Roger and I, who by the way were safe on the ground, camera in hand, were very proud of her.
Here is me. Yep, me, I hate having my photo taken, but said that if I blogged about the jump then I would put in a photo of me. So here it is.
Here is Mel, safe and sound on the trampoline boat, almost ready to put her feet on Terra Firma again.
And here is the man. Roger. Mad. Only at me, for taking his photo. Like I mentioned before, if I am going to have to include my photo, then he will have one included too!!!

So we were up and on the road by 9am this morning. We were going to cheer on Mel and Jo while they bungy jumped, and have a day up Island exploring. We drove as far as Ladysmith (about one hour over the Malahat), and decided to have breakfast and check out "art on the avenue". Our breakfast establishment was a hoot. Roger had two eggs, bacon, toast and hashbrowns - I had two eggs, hashbrowns and bacon - and we shared a bottle of Minute Maid oj - and get this - got change back from $10!!!! We sat in the booth, reupolstered sometime in the 80's and saw an ashtray on the table. YOU COULD SMOKE INSIDE THE RESTAURANT!!! Now for some of you, this may not be so profound. We live in Victoria, where presently they are trying to create a bylaw to state that you can no longer smoke outside, on a patio, of a restaurant or a pub. You cannot smoke inside any public establishment, including nightclubs and bars, and this has been in affect for about 5 years now. So to see ashtrays right on the tables, inside, ready to use was very strange.

We proceeded to watch the girls jump, and they did awesome!!!!! I think I may do it next summer, but they also have Treego, which is an obsticle course throughout the trees, which you use carribeeners (sp??) to clip in, repel, and climb. You can go when you are as young as 7, and so Hayley will be able to go next summer with us.

Then we drove into Nanaimo, went to some collectable toy stores, consignement stores for the girls, wandered around the Harbour and had some icecream. We drove back to Chemanius which is known for its murals, and wandered around there as well. We made it to Roger's mom's house about 4pm in Cowichan Bay and had dinner. Quinn loves it there as she has a Jack Russell puppy and the two of them chase the ball around. She was so hot and sweaty, that we let her run around in the nude for awhile. We had a great dinner, drove home over the Malahat and was in the door at 7:45pm. Now both girls are asleep, Roger is lazing on the couch and I am off to bed to read. A great summer day spent on beautiful Vancouver Island.

1 comment:

Anna K said...

sounds like the perfect Sunday! Bungee-umm not so sure about that one. Thanks for the photos of you and the mad guy.