Saturday, August 19, 2006

A blogging we will go....

Well, seems like forever since I updated you on my life and goings' on. Nothin' happenin' so that's all folks!!!! Kidding, hmmm, hmmmmm, let me think, well, here we go.

Summer has been great to us, hanging out in the backyard pool, playing in the park, riding bikes, and rollerblading. It has NOT been a summer for laying at the lake though, and for this I am a bit sad. Not once yet this year. Lots of shell hunting and crab catching at the ocean, but no playing at the lake. I only have two weeks to fit it into my busy schedule of (see above) and then school begins. I cannot believe that Hayley will be going into grade one. Seems like yesterday we were teaching her to walk and sing her ABC's and now she will teach us a thing or two! She is looking forward to it, especially that she gets to eat her lunch out of her new lunchbag everyday. Quinn and I are planning to do some things just the two of us as well. Maybe take swimming lessons, or go to a play group - but maybe - just maybe - I will put her in the rec center daycare and go to the gym myself. I would sure like to be stronger, and fitter ( if that is a word) , which would mean actually going and doing something.

I am the proud owner of a MP3 player now. No songs on it, but it sure looks hip and modern when I pull it out. Kind of like my cell phone, need to have one for emergencies, and "just in case" but really don't use it that often. Looks good and hip though. Maybe it will entice me to use it while I am "working out" and "pumping iron". HA, just got a mental image of that.

Hayley starts skating again in the middle of September. She is going to go two days a week this winter, and hopefully will get as much fun out of it this year as she did last. Although I am secretly wondering if I am going to have to get an early morning paper route to pay for her skates in the future. EXPENSIVE. I will collect bottles or something to make it happen.....or Roger could get a second job at the neighbourhood MAC's working the slurpie machine. Sorry, family joke, we always tease him that that will be him trying to keep two girls in the latest fashions, equipped with cell phones and all the latest and greatest, and there will be Roger, working two jobs to make it happen!!!!

Well, there you go, an update on me. I am off to work today, and Quinn is spending the day with Liz and the boys. I know there will be fun to be had there, lots of roudy boys and yelling, she will not know what hit her.

Love and peace to all.

Meesh

2 comments:

Anna K said...

glad to hear what you have been up to. sucks that summer is winding down.

Anonymous said...

Let's work out together Momma!!!
MP3's and all! September is the time!! I am tired of being flabby myself.