Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sisters hanging out!

On Tuesday, Jen was awesome and watched all the kids while I went to the Dr's for my one year check up since I was diagnosed with Celiac. They had a blast playing with all Amanda's toys, Jen read many a book to Hayley and Quinn and Amanda hung out. I am soooooo very lucky to have Jen, my life is enriched by having her in it!

The appointment was very encouraging. This time last year, my body was not absorbing any of the nutrients in the food that I was eating, and I was basically starving myself. One year of maintaining a gluten-free diet, taking a multivitamin every day, walking and listening to my own body has done wonders. For the first time, I am not anemic - my iron and hemoglobin levels are registering in the "normal" range, my calcium is up, magnesium is good, thyroid is behaving itself, and the Dr is very optimistic that a gluten-free lifestyle is exactly what I need to do for the rest of my life to maintain the health that I have fought to get back. If I wanted to, now would be the optimum time to have another baby. I am in 100 times better health now than I was when I became pregnant with Quinn. Also, statistics are not on my side. For every year that I wait to become pregnant, my chances of passing on this genetic autoimmune disorder increase by 10%!!!!!

So, now Roger and I have some heavy discussions to have. He would really like one more, but only if it is a boy!!! Hahaha - just joking. In all honesty, I would like one more too, but we need to make sure that we can afford it. The smell of a newborn gets me every time......

Just wanted to share my very great news with everyone - maybe we could all pour a glass of wine at the same time and toast my health. Any excuse to have a yummy glass of wine with all my friends, whether they are near or far.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids/troops are welcome here ANYTIME! We had fun!
I'm so happy you got some great news at your appointment. Shall we get preggers together? hmmmmm.

Anna K said...

Awesome! I don't like wine but I'll toast you with my Crystal Lite Iced Tea. Yahoo! Are you serious about the baby thing? cuz you swore to me that you were done. Weird huh, when Ger and I just decided that we are going for #3.

Sherri said...

Nice to hear the kiddies had fun and of course Jen is awesome LOL.....I am SO GLAD your celiac is under control and you are doing so much better. Baby #3 won't be long off now!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»