Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just to catch up....

Once again I am having issues with blogger uploading any photos, so I will bore you with the monologue to catch you up on our lives.

Summer seems to be flying by. We have had a real heat wave on the Island, and a lot of poeple are easily irritated by it!!! One thing we can pretty well guarantee is that no matter how hot it gets throughout the day it will cool down at night. After all - we live on an Island, surrounded by water; breeze all the time. One would think anyhow. Not lately. It has been HOT! I love it mind you, and realized a long time ago, that it will not last, so take advantage of it while it is here. We have spent a lot of time at the water park, in the backyard pool/sprinkler system and inside doing crafts and imaginary play. I have spent some time catching up on my scrapbooking, clutter removal and enjoying the fact that I am home throughout the week.

I am in the midst of deciding whether or not to take on another daycare child. I really want to be at home, but need to make the money for the family as well. (oops, that sounds as though Roger is not doing his bit - he is and then some - my money is all the extras that we want!!!) I know that I do not want to work every Sunday anymore as I am missing out on doing things as a family. So I have decided throughout the summer to take Sundays off, work on Thursday nights and then hopefully in September have one more child to offset the income a bit. I am home anyhow - might as well have lots of kids around. It won't be so hard then either as Hayley will be in school for full days.

Well, off to fill my children's bellies, and then fill the pool for them. Hopefully soon I can show off the newest photos.

3 comments:

Anna K said...

I always enjoy seeing new photos. I fully support your decision to do work less and do more family things together. It sure makes a difference in how you relate to one another. Date night is also very important but seems to be last on the list. As for more babysitting - kudos to you, everyone needs a really good sitter.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»