Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Concert

Hayley's little friend Lily is in the pink shirt here,
Hayley's class - with Hayley somewhere in the middle row. She is the one wearing the hat!!! hahaha some blogger funny for you.
Right smack dab in the center is Hayley. They sang a Jewish song (everytime she sang it I could hear Adam Sandler's voice for hours.....) and a traditional Christmas one.

Yes, the Winter Concert was yesterday. Me, Quinn and one daycare girl went to the festivies during the day. I have to say, it was darn cute. The long boring parts (read:when Hayley was not on stage) was made up by Quinn dancing in the seats yelling "Santa ho ho ho" and "reeendeer neigh neigh" periodically. That and random songs, that I had no idea had to do with Christmas, but I guess Hawaii has it own version of it, and the words were all changed in the song "Walking in a Winter WOnderland" to fit the West Coast weather, now it is "Walking in a Wacky Weatherland". We had wind of over 90km/hour again yesterday.....


I had to say goodbye to Hayley today. She is off to Calgary for Christmas. It really has not hit me, probably some tears on Christmas. I am feeling off - I cannot understand how your mind and body can become accustomed to saying goodbye to your own daughter and have it become strangely normal? I know that she will have a great time, and she flies with her grandparents, and with her Poppies' health - it may be one of the last times that they go away at Christmas, and so I am comforted in that. Plus we all were together last Christmas in Quesnel, and it would be selfish of me to have her every holiday. So glad that my mom and dad and their Korean exchange student are comeing here (granted that the Island does not blow away) to help with Christmas. I think the saddest part is not that I want Hayley here for Christmas (I do), but more importantly, Quinn misses her so much. I wanted to see them together to open pressies. Just the pure, untouched joy on their faces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that sucks Michelle.
((hugs)) She'll be home before you know it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!