Wednesday, January 18, 2006

early oh so early today...

Well it was one of "those nights" that I am thankful to say do not come along too often in this household. Yes, I was playing toys with Quinners at 3:30am this morning! Something is going on in that little body and mind, no sleeping. crusty nose, dog-bark cough, and not a big appetite. I am betting on teefers to poke through. She finally went back down at 5:45am, but I decided to not go to bed, my daycare boy arrives at 7am, and Hayley has early kindy today. So now that she is sleeping like a princess, I am already showered, have dinner in the crockpot and am working on my 2nd cup of coffee. I really refrained from making some in the early hours of the A.M., only because I want to enjoy it now. Probably break from tradition and have a Coke later as well.

In the times where everyone else is either rolling in from the bar, or sleeping like a "baby"- pardon the pun- I did some thinking. For a few years I have felt as though I am trodding along, not really in the mode of life that I thought I would be in. Marital break up, apartment living, raising Hayley mostly alone, and not in the profession that I went to school in. Basically I was having a pity party that only I was invited to. On the flip side of the coin, I am in a relationship that is (far from perfect), but is full of conversation and growth, have two beautiful daughters that I am blessed with, in a job that is flexible and rewarding, and have the freedom to be at home with both girls all week. I have great friends, an awesome, creative hobby, and what strained relationships I have had with certain people is on the mend.

I guess that early on in 2006, I am already takin' stock. I am thankful for more that three things each and every day - and my goal is to concentrate on the positive more. Eekk, that is awfully profound for someone that has been up since 3:30am!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: