Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twilight......

During my hiatus, I read Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight. Apparently it is a requirement of being a thirty-something housewife (it’s on the list right between “make ironic references to eighties pop” and “own yoga pants”). No doubt you are quite tired of hearing about the book by now, but hey! that’s precisely why I have a blog! Otherwise I would call my sister even more than I already do, and she might start screening me.
Bold


This makes me laugh. Outloud.

I am not sure which part though, the part in which I am a `thirty something housewife`or the fact that the writer (Toddled Dredge) has a sister that she phones often as well......

I am reading Twilight. And loving it.

It is kind of like the `VC Andrews of my adulthood......`` but mostly it is fluff reading as my friend so nicely puts it. You can read it, put it down ( if you can.....) and pick it up and know exactly where you are. No heavy plot. No 10,000 characters that have their own sub plot......just good reading.

I can hardly wait until I am done. I need to know what happens. I am in book four, in a great part, and sadly, cannot devote enough time to it as of late.....so me and my book retire early to bed to read and read and read.

And when I am done, Roger bought me The Watchmen to read.....



1 comment:

Melanie Olson said...

Sign me up for the first rentals of the books when you are done!!!